Thursday, September 04, 2008

More delicious

No, this isn't a posting about culinary enhancement. It is again about my delicious account. Something I've mentioned in two previous postings I think.

Anyway, about a month back delicious made some major changes to the website's interface. Changes that many users were not happy with. The delicious forum was full of users kvetching about the changes, myself included. Change, it is so overrated. My beef is with the limited space provided for tags. Some of my tags are quite long and now, because of the space limitation, they are truncated; they don't fully display. I have been fiddling around with them, trying to come up with shorter terms, but, really, I am not happy.

However, I have to give delicious credit. They have been responding to the complaints about the changes they introduced and fixing many of the problems. However, the problem with the tag display is something that's going to take some time according what they've posted on the forum: http://support.delicious.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=271. We shall see.

Speaking of change, CBC Radio 2, as of September 2, 2008 (to be no doubt remembered as a dark day in Canadian radio history) went ahead with the program changes they have been threatening their loyal but sadly disregarded listenership with since the spring. Yes, despite the many emails and blog postings they received advising them of the injudiciousness of such a change, they went ahead with it anyway.

Having not yet found a new station to listen to, I have these past few days been awakened by a cacophonous din of verkocteh eclectic pop mish-mash! Admittedly, it does get me out of bed quicker. If it was a bit of Baroque, say, I'd usually lie in bed and listen to it and inevitably have to rush to get of the house on time.

No comments: